If working out is meant to improve your physical body, meditation is its counterpart in strengthening your spirit. This is an important exercise that you should learn in order to improve your spiritual health and for you to achieve your spiritual goals.
But the thing is, just like in working out and getting into online dating, the first few session is the most difficult. Unlike with working out where your muscles feel the pain and in online dating, you have date site reviews, in doing meditation you need a lot of discipline and energy to just focus on your current state. This is what they call “being one with the world.”
But how do you meditate exactly?
STEPS TO MEDITATION
- Set a schedule. Meditation can be as short as 10 minutes to an hour. Set a daily schedule that no matter what happens, you will use this time to meditate. It is best if you do it in the morning so you are fresh and have a lot of mental energy.
- Choose a comfortable location. It doesn’t matter if you’re sitting, standing, or lying in a comfortable bed. Just make sure that this location is the place where you feel at home the most. It should be the most energized location of your house. Not too bright where your eyes will be distracted but not too dark also where it’s too gloomy.
- As a beginner, you can download a guided meditation app. There are a lot of guided meditation apps available online. They will help you learn the basic and develop the daily discipline so you can commit to this process.
- Let everything go. The purpose of meditating is to live in the now. Your thoughts about the past and the future don’t matter. All that you need to think about is the sound you hear, the aroma you smell, and the feeling that you are having. By practicing living in the now, you are getting more aware and connected with your environment.
- Always end with being grateful. A simple mantra thanking God about your life is a great way to end your meditation. It sets the mood right as you instantly get a positive boost in your daily life.